Fabulous Houston Faux Wood BlindsSeeking a window blind that has the durability and aesthetic quality you need? Well, Bottom Dollar Blinds has a selection faux wood blinds that can’t be beat. These are some of our highest rated blinds as many homeowners seek these for the home. That’s because they are affordable and attractive. Faux Wood Blinds are also a great alternative to traditional wooden blinds as they can safely be installed without the worry of warping or breaking. Our Houston Window Blinds Company offers professional measurement and installation that takes the guess work out of which blinds are right for your home.
SlatsFaux wood does not come in the same range of slat sizes that real wooden blinds do. Instead, faux is available in 2” and 2 ½” slats that are normally constructed of PVC or some other composite blend. The slats also come in two types:
Curved & Flat SlatsCurved slats make it a lot easier to filter sunlight in or out of the room in which they are in. The curved feature is simple to use and looks great. Flat slats are more identifiable with standard wooden blinds and work similarly to curved slats.
Faux Wood Blind Options
- Routless – This option has also been known as de-Light, LightMaster and NoHoles. These faux window coverings thread then cords through the edges of the slats as opposed to through the middle. This decreases the point of light that escapes through the closed blind.
- Cloth Tapes – This option comes available in 2” slat width. With this model, elegant cloth accent tapes are added to the blinds to cover the cord holes. This prevents light from intruding through the closed blinds.
WeightFaux is much heavier than real wood by at least 60%-100%. This means that faux takes a lot more effort to raise up and down in Houston. They do, however, deliver the same degree of light control that all blinds offer.
Main TypesThere are two main types of faux wood window coverings:
- PVC – These are very heavy and generally weigh twice as much as real wood blinds. PVC faux does not warp like real wood does. They do though require the same amount of care and maintenance that should go into all blinds.
- Composite – With the combination of PVC and wood pulp, composite blinds are some of the most durable materials in the window treatment market today. They resist humidity and are heavier than hardwood alternatives.
- Choosing the Best Blinds in Houston to Fit Your Home
Blinds are one of the widely used window treatments, and their popularity is attributable to their versatility and the amount of light control that they provide. When you're selecting window blinds for your home, you'll have an extensive variety of different types of blinds to choose from, and all of them has their own unique…Read More
- Ways that Shades Can Add More Privacy into Your Humble Home
There’s always a way to add to the privacy of the home. Most homeowners put fences up while others play it cheaper through window treatments. Window treatments such as shades can add to the privacy and allow for better temperature comfort in the home. These window treatments come available in a wide array of styles…Read More